1. What is a metal detector? And how does it work?
Metal detector is a tool used to detect all types of metal. The way it works is by using electromagnet waves. If there is a change of wave that is not appropriate, it will be read as a disturbing metal, and in the detection of metal passing in the metal detector hole.
2. How do you think the metal detector is good?
Considering the surrounding environmental factors, whether there is an electromagnetic field interference (such as close to the inverter, or poor electrical installation, or the presence of a large-capacity power cord around the metal detector). Checking for suitable physical condition or no physical vibration / disturbance. with that in mind the metal detector can operate optimally.
3. What is the product effect? How does it affect the metal detector?
Product effect is the effect of electromagnetic wave changes in the metal detector that occurs due to the product. Where the product effect of a product is influenced by salinity, moisture content, temperature etc. of a product.
4. Can Aluminum and copper detect metal detectors?
Yes, because aluminum and copper are metal.
5. How to verify your metal detector?
Verification is an action to ensure the performance of a device is in accordance with the performance standards of the tool. For the metal detector, skipping the product by using the appropriate testpiece / metal test in the appropriate position for several passes is a verification action. Record data for verification is required
6. There is a product with standard sensitivity Fe 1.0 mm and SUS304 2.0 mm. Then inside one of the iron contaminated products of 0.1mm as much as 10 seeds in a dispersed position. Can it be detected by a metal detector?
No, because the effect will not be as big as Fe 1.0 mm. The effect is not accumulated.
7. In the above product, contaminated Stainless 304 wire with a diameter of 0.6 mm and length of 1.5 mm, can it be detected by metal detector?
No, because in the case of wires, only in certain directions can be detected, while for actual contaminants, we do not know the direction.
8. In your opinion, if you find a metal-detected product by a metal detector, what would you do?
Secure it so it does not mix with a good product. This security process usually uses a special box to collect products of contaminated products for further processing in accordance with applicable standards.
9. In your opinion, what could cause metal detector performance to decrease?
Conveyor failure, worn-out conveyor belts, friction with other engines, or product changes that are inconsistent with the metal detector setting. the addition of another machine or an unsuitable production line change is also one of the causes of the deterioration of metal detector performance.
10. What would you do if a product is not contaminated by metal, detected by a metal detector as a NG product?
Checking metal detector without product needs to be done. It is intended to check whether the standard condition of the machine is appropriate or not. If the machine standard is appropriate and still occurs, then the product needs to be examined, is there any change.